Thursday, May 3, 2012

Coming back from injury sucks...

This season started out in dramatic fashion for me as I won my first trail race and then two weeks later set a PB (personal best) in a 10k road race. The PB was more remarkable considering I did 15k the day before and 10k before and after my race.

All of this was done with an injured calf (injury sustained during trail race) that is still giving me trouble. Perhaps the best recovery was not doing a 40k weekend with a race included. My bad. I have been hesitant to run long and hard lately because I keep having recurring pain in my calf. I have only been running 2 days a week and it is driving me crazy. I hope to get out for a longer run this weekend to test out the leg. It is finally starting to feel better.

I am a naturally restless person and with working being very busy and stressful running is one of my salvations. This has been hard with a broken calf.

So I hope to be back running soon and positing some amazing stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment