Sunday, June 17, 2012

Back from the bench

I did my first trail in two weeks today…and it felt great. At the beginning my calf was feeling very stiff and I was worried it would give me problems. After 10 minutes under a tight pace the calf started to loosen up and I became more positive.

I continued up the trails of the Capilano Canyon and felt that all the weeks of anxiety over my calf melted away. It just felt very good to run.

Running is not the only thing in my life, so I do not dive deep into depression when I get injured. Yes it is hard but it is not depressing. I have my teaching, my social life, my biking and my photography to keep me occupied. Running is a big part of that mix but not everything.

What I am trying to say is that you should have a passion and follow it with all your heart. But, when you are sidetracked you must ensure that your life is well-rounded so that you do not go stir-crazy.

Fill your life with numerous activities, interests and people and you will be happy.

Now I can begin training for my summer running projects. More to come on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment