Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Running Frustrations


It has been a while since I have visited this site for several reasons. I have had a recurring calf injury this summer that has prevented me from racing, so no updates. Second, this summer and fall have been busy with adventures not associated with running, awesome. Third, I have started work again (I am a teacher) and September has been quite busy getting used to waking up early, 6:30 comes too soon.

I write last time that my leg was getting better and August actually saw a decent number of runs on the North Shore (around Lynn Canyon). I thought I was out of the woods so to speak until I did a pavement run in September and it flared up again. So, for the mean time I have going to physio, biking and trying to get through October without any running. I really want to run again and start working towards running my first 100km and 100 mile race in 2013.

Lady McDonald Trail

Of the runs I did in July and August I had two really nice ones in the Canadian Rockies. I did the 17km loop around Upper Kananaskis Lake and then ran straight up Lady MacDonald. Both amazing.

So, I leave you with very little right now. I have a post coming about my adventures this fall. And then when I am healed more running adventures to come. I am working on my race and adventure plans right now.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry about your injury but glad you were in Alberta for the Kananaskis and Lady MacDonalds runs!

    ReplyDelete